Featured Post

TCDB: Can I Ever Get Rid of 18,384 cards?!

Christmas in September!

Earlier this summer, I made the decision that I wanted to try and collect the entire Ornaments insert set from 2000 Pacific.  Over the next couple of weeks, you'll (hopefully) see a number of ornament cards show up on the blog as I've managed to order all but two of the cards I was missing (all via some combination of Sportlots, eBay, and COMC).

Today, the first card of my ordering spree showed up in the mail thanks to a Sportlots purchase - this wonderful Nomar Garciaparra wreath-shaped ornament!


If you ask me, the ornament cards are super fun - and unique (kind of a hallmark of most Pacific stuff from around the year 2000).  

As mentioned earlier, I don't yet have all of the Pacific Ornament cards that I ordered in hand but assuming they all eventually show up, I am still looking for two more:
  • 13.  Derek Jeter
  • 18.  Ken Griffey, Jr.
No surprises there that both Jeter and Griffey, Jr. would be the final two cards that I need.  If anyone reading this has either (or both?!) cards available for trade, let me know!  It'd be extra sweet to finish this set off prior to Christmas this year (though I make no promises that the Ornament cards will actually end up on our tree...not sure that's a great move with a four-year-old in the house)!

Comments

  1. Same here, I may have to start this project. Love die-cut cards and the ornament idea is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set sure is moving along swiftly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this set. Bought one on eBay back in 2015 for less than the price of a blaster... and actually used them as ornaments on my tree that Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment