- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Happy Friday, everyone! If you've been reading my blog in 2023, you know that Fridays have been board game related and that tradition continues today thanks to a recent board game trade that I made over on BoardGameGeek (aka BGG).
In my first ever trade on BGG, I traded away a game that my son has outgrown (called My Very First Games: Building Site).
I didn't think to take a photo of the box before trading it away so the above photo is a stock image from BGG. As for the game itself, it's really more of an activity to do with your child as opposed to a proper game. That being said, it was an excellent introduction to games for my son and he loved it quite a bit when we got it. In fact, he was a bit sad to get rid of the game now simply because it has a working dump truck in it (however, he hadn't actually used the game on his own in probably a year so he didn't fuss too much about me getting rid of it).
And in return, what did I get from BGG user Toppcat516? Well, a game that I might eventually be able to play with my son...once he learns to read of course. None other than Disney Villainous.
Disney Villainous is a card game where you play as one of six classic Disney villains. The game comes with wonderfully stylized player pawns:
Love those - and can you tell who the six villains are in the game from the pawns alone?
Each villain gets its own foldout game board. When folded up, the game board has a quote from the villain which is a nice touch.
Once unfolded, the each villains board features places that are unique to that particular story.
I haven't actually played the game yet so I can't speak to how fun it is, but I'm definitely happy to have this one in my collection (even if I'm not a huge Disney fan, my son certainly loves Disney movies so I'm guessing he and I will eventually give this one a spin if nothing else).
I should also note that each villain gets its own dedicated deck of cards - and each card is beautifully illustrated.
This game was way nicer looking than I was expecting! Frankly, I was simply happy to trade off a game my family no longer had any use for in exchange for just about any game, to get one as nice as this one was kind of an unexpected bonus! Disney Villainous gets a 7.0 on BGG overall which is definitely a solid score. I know there are also several expansions for this game to add in even more villains to play as which is nice for those who end up loving the game.
I guess I can officially say that I'm now willing trade for LEGO or board games in addition to the usual baseball cards!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments






I can't figure out that last pawn...
ReplyDeleteI went 0 for 6.
ReplyDelete