Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Hitting Up eBay Once Again!

As you might be able to tell from yesterday's post and today's post, sometimes I get the urge to check for needed Barry Larkin cards on eBay...and sometimes those searches end with me making a bunch of purchases!  Today's mail day is exactly that - a bunch of Barry Larkin cards from a single eBay seller.  It's a bit of a hodgepodge of stuff but let's see what I was able to acquire.

We'll go in chronological order of release so let's start with a pair of cards from the year 2000.


The Vanguard card is a parallel #/199.  The Black Diamond card is something called a Reciprocal parallel - as a math instructor I hate that name but otherwise it's a fun little die-cut card.

Next, from 2004 comes this super shiny Donruss Elite Passing the Torch insert:


This particular card is #/1000 and it's probably my favorite of the mail package despite it's (relatively) high numbering.  The shiny red works super well with Cincinnati Reds colors!

Finally, we end with a Topps Triple Threads Amber parallel from the 2019 edition of the brand.


I don't buy Triple Threads because the set is too expensive (and hit focused) for me but I do enjoy trying to acquire the various colored base parallels if Larkin is in the set.  I guess most people buy Triple Threads for the relics but that has the fortunate side affect of most of the colored parallels being quite cheap considering the serial numbering (and price of the set itself).  The Amber parallel is numbered out of 199 for those that maybe can't read my scan well enough.

I've got a long ways to go on the 2019 Triple Threads set...
  • Yes 2019 63 Topps Triple Threads
  • No 2019 63 Topps Triple Threads - 5x7
  • Yes 2019 63 Topps Triple Threads- Amber
  • Yes 2019 63 Topps Triple Threads - Amethyst
  • No 2019 63 Topps Triple Threads - Citrine
  • Yes 2019 63 Topps Triple Threads - Emerald
  • No 2019 63 Topps Triple Threads - Gold
  • No 2019 63 Topps Triple Threads - Onyx
  • No 2019 63 Topps Triple Threads - Sapphire
  • No 2019 TCC-GLV Topps Triple Threads - Triple Threads Relic Combo
  • No 2019 TCC-GLV Topps Triple Threads - Triple Threads Relic Combo Amethyst
  • No 2019 RLC-BL Topps Triple Threads - Triple Threads Relic Legends
  • No 2019 RLC-BL Topps Triple Threads - Triple Threads Relic Legends Amethyst

As usual, a "yes" means I have the card and a "no" means I'm still searching for a copy.  No surprise here that I don't have any of the Barry Larkin relics but at least I have managed to get a few of the colored base parallels.  

And that's it - a quartet of new Barry Larkin cards for my collection including three serially numbered cards.  A mail day like this is definitely a success...even if it took me buying the cards myself!  Even better, I can now take out four of my little "place holder card slips" and trash them since their respective binder page pockets are now full! 


For those wondering, yes, my Barry Larkin binder does have a small slip of paper for every card I'm still missing...some of the more empty pages look a little something like this:


My system takes me forever (hence why I only recently finally completed updating my Larkin collection for the year 2020).  I still have to do 2021 through the current year but what's the rush, right?!  For now, I'll simply be satisfied with what I've done and the many, many Barry Larkin cards that I've already accumulated.

Comments

  1. I dont know whether to say Thank you, or curse you!, lol. I know do those slips (usually 1/2 an index card) for most of my PC collections. THe one I dont is my Mike Schmidt because there is no way I will ever get close enough to do that. But my smaller ones, I do this for each card!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment