Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Leather & Lumber on Cardboard with Fabric

My quest to acquire one copy of every Barry Larkin card ever produced (with a print run of 25+ copies) is a foolish errand to be sure - but man, it does provide me with a constant source of things to look for and trade for throughout the year.  That alone is probably worth something.  

While I know deep down that I'll never come close to completing a "master set" of Barry Larkin cards, that doesn't mean I can't try to improve my own collection when possible.  Case in point, today's mail day from a recent eBay purchase:


That's a 2004 Donruss Leather & Lumber dual relic card featuring Barry Larkin and Hideo Nomo (a strange pairing, to be sure)!  The 2004 Leather & Lumber set features nine different Barry Larkin cards and with the dual relic now in hand I'm pleased to report that I own five of them!
  • Yes 2004 41 Donruss Leather and Lumber
  • No 2004 41 Donruss Leather and Lumber Gold
  • No 2004 41 Donruss Leather and Lumber Materials Bat
  • Yes 2004 41 Donruss Leather and Lumber Materials Jersey
  • No 2004 41 Donruss Leather and Lumber Materials Jersey Prime
  • Yes 2004 16 Donruss Leather and Lumber Rivals
  • Yes 2004 16 Donruss Leather and Lumber Rivals Materials 
  • No 2004 16 Donruss Leather and Lumber Rivals Materials Silver
  • Yes 2004 41 Donruss Leather and Lumber Silver
(as usual, a "yes" means I own the card)

Turning our attention back to today's card, I have to say that I love the look of the relic.  I don't own many dual relic cards so this one certainly feels "special" to my collection.  In addition, it's numbered out of only 250 copies which means it's own of the rarer Barry Larkin relics that I own as well!

I'll definitely never own every Larkin card ever produced...heck, I'll probably never even own the full run of Larkin cards from the 2004 Leather & Lumber set but as long as I'm having fun picking up cards here and there when I can, I'll keep at it!

Comments

  1. Wonder how many times Nomo faced Larkin... and who won the battle between these two guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you'll always have things to look for though :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment