Featured Post

Board Game Friday: The 111th Day of the Year Celebration!

Happy Friday, everyone!  Today looks to be a glorious day outside for northcentral Pennsylvania but today's post will have a decidedly indoor theme to it!  That's right, it's time for another Board Game Friday.

April 21 is the 111 day of the year so why not celebrate the (nearly) 1/3 mark of the calendar year with a look at what all I've managed to play thus far in 2023.  As I've mentioned countless times lately, my son is finally old enough to play more "adult games" which means I finally get to play some of the many, many games on my game shelf!

Thus far this year, I've managed to play a total of 116 plays spread out across 22 different games.  That's more than a play per day thus far in 2023!!  Of those 22 games, I've played five of them at least ten times each in 2023.  Here's the full list of what I've been able to play:



The numbers in the circles represent my total number of plays for each game.  The large Unmatched logo in the second-to-last row is for when I play a game of Unmatched with characters chosen from different boxes.  I kind of wish I could put all the Unmatched plays into a single category (if I did, I'd have 16 total plays and a new Top 3 game for the year)!  

Here's a closer look at my Top 9 most played games in 2023:



From this view, you can see how my son has greatly influenced what I get to play.  Of the Top 9, he plays all but Keep the Heroes Out, Arboretum, and Unmatched:  Battle of Legends Volume 1.  My best guess is that he'll even be playing Keep the Heroes Out before the end of the year as that game doesn't have any necessary reading in it to play.  Both Ticket to Ride New York and Ticket to Ride London have skyrocketed up my played list now thanks to my son, he loves both of those (as evidenced by the 23 combined plays thus far in April alone)!

With a little over a week remaining in April, there's still time for me to get a few more plays in this month!  Even better, now that I'm back to playing more games I should also be able to do more board game reviews - let me know if any of the games shown here are ones you'd like me to work on a review for!  


Comments

  1. I've never played any of the Ticket to Ride games, but I watched a review on YT years ago and it seemed pretty straight forward and fun to play. That's one of the games I always say I'll buy for my club one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a modern classic game for sure. Easy to play, enough depth to be fun for everyone. We just started playing the original Ticket to Ride with my son today (he LOVES getting to play "adult" games so he was all over this one)!

      Delete

Post a Comment