Featured Post

The Non-Reds Frankenset: Cards #19 - 36 (Clemente, Aaron, & Jordan plus an Astronaut and Hornets!)

I'm back with the next four pages out of my non-Reds Frankenset.  As I explained in my original post, for cards 1-99 only I'm doing two pages for each set of 9 cards.  Once I get to card #100, it'll be one card per number the rest of the way up through 792!  

Let's get back to it!

Cards 19 - 27 (page 1):


Best card on the page:  A tough call but  I'll give the nod to the Roberto Clemente card.  High marks for the unique Sandy Alomar, Jr. as well!
Worst card on the page:  Probably the Ryan Braun rookie card or else the Edgar Martinez Gold Label.  No real weak links here if you ask me.
#'s missing still:  None

Cards 19 - 27 (page 2):


Best card on the page:   I guess the A-rod rookie though I'm admittedly disgusted by how many times A-Rod has already appeared in my Frankenset.
Worst card on the page:  The Sean O'Sullivan rookie, who's O'Sullivan again?!  Only the semi-interesting angle offers any sort of reason for the card's inclusion in the set.
#'s missing still:  None

Cards 28 - 36 (page 1):


Best card on the page:  Probably the Klesko with the (murder?) hornets?  I do love the McCann card with the sepia background and cards of astronauts are also cool.  But yeah, hard to beat hornets.
Worst card on the page:  The Berrios is "meh" but at least it's a rookie card.
#'s missing still:  None

Cards 28 - 36 (page 2):


Best card on the page:  The Gary Sheffield in the top row, easily.  
Worst card on the page:  Probably the Corey Seager though the David Segui doesn't do much for me either.
#'s missing still:  None


Comments

  1. UD Masterpieces were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun seeing folks put together these Frankensets and looking over what they chose. I may do one myself someday, but for now I'll happily enjoy your project. Doing two versions of 1-99 is cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 1998 Clemente is one of the coolest base cards from the 90's. Topps did a great job with the photo selection and including the flag background. It'd be cool to fill a 9-pocket page of this card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment