Featured Post

2024 Bowman Heritage Break, Anyone?

TCDB Monday: Not My Usual Sort of Trade on the Site!

This past week, I should have received two PWEs in the mail from TCDB trades completed.  Unfortunately, the one seems to be lost somewhere in the mailing ether while the other didn't make it to me yet despite being mailed over a week ago.  Thus, there aren't any baseball card trades for me to show off from the past week.  

However, all is not lost!  In fact, I recently did a different sort of trade (okay, actually a purchase) with TCDB user TwinKiller.  What did I buy, you ask?  How about a big box of loose, random LEGO parts?  



Yep, that's exactly what I did.  I ended up working out a deal for just over 4 lbs of assorted LEGO bricks plus a handful of minifigures:



I'm not a big Star Wars guy so the Star Wars minifigs don't do a lot for me but I'm guessing I'll be able to find a home for them somewhere on my LEGO table layout.  My son and I have been having a lot of fun with LEGO building lately - and hopefully he and I can do even more building once he's done with his preschool for the summer.



For now, my next step with this big batch of LEGO is to get it all sorted.  I recently moved stuff around in my man cave (see here) which has affected some of my storage options for my various LEGO pieces.

Looking forward to the future, I'm more than happy to trade for assorted LEGO (as well as complete LEGO sets).  It's become rapidly apparent to me lately that I'm at least as interested in LEGO as I am baseball cards (you can thank my son for that)!  

Next Monday, hopefully I'll have actual baseball card trades to highlight from TCDB swaps.  Until then, I wonder what I ought to try and build using some of my new LEGO bricks?

Comments

  1. What is that, a DJ minifig in there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's WildStyle, a figure from the LEGO Movie.

      Delete
    2. Way to spoil my joke. :p

      Delete
    3. Oye, it's been a long day alright...(even though I wrote that in the AM). Gotcha now... That *whoosh* sound is the joke going over my head until now.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I remember this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yep! It was a perfect package to talk about today since I didn't have any other TCDB business this past week!

      Delete

Post a Comment