- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
The Non-Reds Frankenset: Cards #118 - 153 (A Chicken, a Flaming Chessboard, and the Look of Dejection on a Baseball Card)
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I'm back and ready to put together another batch of pages for my non-Reds Frankenset. We are up to card #118 today so let's get right to it!
Cards 118 - 126:
Best card on the page: The Upper Deck SP card of Jeffrey Hammonds signing the Spring Training '94 scorebook is my favorite though that Greg Maddux brings back all kinds of childhood memories as well.
Worst card on the page: I like the B.J. Upton card well enough but it doesn't feel like it's Upton's card based on the photo (to me, it seems like the A's catcher is the actual star of the card).
#'s missing still: 91
Cards 127 - 135:
Best card on the page: It's kind of sad to say that the Jeter card is the best on the page...perhaps even more sad that there are two Yankees here (plus A-Rod, again, as a Mariner).
Worst card on the page: The Dee Gordon Gypsy Queen card should be replaced by something better.
#'s missing still: 91
Cards 136 - 144:
Best card on the page: Probably the Mauer brothers Heritage card though I love the dejected looking Espnoza as well.
Worst card on the page: I guess if I had to change a card out it'd be the David Ross but honestly I'm happy with all nine cards on this page for various reasons (and don't be a hater about the bright yellow 1991 Fleer card, that set was a defining set of my childhood)!
#'s missing still: 91
Cards 145 - 153:
Best card on the page: Take your pick of either of the two 1997 Metal Universe cards OR the San Diego Chicken!
Worst card on the page: The Reggie Sanders card isn't anything overly interesting, special, or personal to me.
#'s missing still: 91
And that's that, the next four pages are now done for my binder. Of course, the idea of this set is that it'll never be truly done as I can always swap out cards for better or more interesting cards. That said, many of my original choices will be tough to overcome since there's a lot of nostalgia tied to many of my picks!
Comments




I'm actually ripping a box of 1991 Fleer at the moment. It was a door prize at the last show I attended.
ReplyDeleteLots of 1954-style Heritage on these pages!