Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 960: 1994 Collector's Choice - #349 - Silver Signature

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  Collector's Choice
Card number:  349
Parallel:  Silver Signature


Seeded one-per-pack, the Silver Signature parallels are a full set (670 cards) parallel.  There's also a much rarer Gold Signature parallel (seeded 1:36 packs).  I do own the Gold Signature version of this card as well but that post will be for another day.  Today, we look at the silver signature!  (Okay, to be fair the silver foil and the gold foil both pretty much scan the same way but I promise I actually do own both versions!)

I'm kind of conflicted about the foil signature parallels.  On the one hand, they do add a bit of pop to the card design which I like.  Unfortunately, unless it's for a guy you care about it's kind of hard to get overly excited about pulling a fake signature!  In the end, I think I come down on the side of colored parallels being more interesting than single stamps (or signatures) for parallels but I certainly don't begrudge those that love the signature parallels.  


Comments

  1. I like the silver and gold signatures from the sets where the border changes to match the signature color, but find them a lot less interesting when it's just the signature that's a different color.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment