Featured Post

Group Break Highlights from 2023 Topps Series 2 (Hobby Box #2)

 Last week, I showed off the highlights of the first of two hobby boxes of 2023 Topps Series 2.  Today, it's time to return to Topps Series 2 in order to check out what the second box gave us!

2023 Topps - Box #2:

Let's start with the silver pack of bonus cards - once again, these are all super shiny cards with the 1988 Topps design.  It's a weird combination but I think it works as the cards look sharp!  



Our silver pack was particularly good to the Mets with both Piazza and Alvarez showing up.  Of the four cards, the Mike Piazza is my easy favorite!

Moving on to the main event - the base cards!  I already showed off a bunch of base cards in the first box recap but here are four more cards that I liked quite a bit.



Our second box also produced a few parallels including two gold parallels #/2023.



I wonder if anyone has put together a full base set of the foilboard parallels?  I think that set would be pretty cool to look at in a binder!  Of course, I don't have the budget for such things (especially with only two foilboard parallels per hobby box) but it'd be cool if someone did it.

For the inserts, we basically got the same smattering of inserts as we did in box #1.  I'm much too lazy to scan all those cards again (you can always watch the video of me ripping the boxes if you must know) but I did want to show of this All Aces card of Justin Verlander since we didn't pull a card from that insert set in the first box.



I love the All Aces set and I've now added the second series to my personal want list.  Trying to complete this set will hopefully lead me to a number of trades over on TCDB (in fact, I have several cards from this set that should be headed my way as you read this post from trades on the site)!

Finally, let's close with the one promised hit in the box:



Another relic card, though this one has some loose string on it which I guess makes it a bit more unique.  

That does it for the Topps Series 2 portion of the group break.  Of course, we also opened a pair of boxes of 2023 Topps Heritage and 2023 Donruss (each of which I've now shown off the contents of the first box this past weekend on the blog).  Hopefully, I'll get to the contents of the second box of Heritage and Donruss soon!

Comments

  1. The relic looks like something that would be pulled from a retail pack; I would expect a bigger name from a hobby box. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment