Featured Post

Another Monday, Another TCDB Weekly Recap!

It's Monday (again) which means it's time for my weekly TCDB wrap-up.  Last week was another good week of trading on the site, definitely fun to have productive weeks like that!  

My first swap was with user freddybacon:


Yep, I'm still working diligently on collecting the 2023 Topps All Aces set.  With Series 1 in the bag, all I need to complete is the Series 2 portion of the set.  Nice to get this Tom Seaver card, even if he is featured as a Met rather than as a Red.

Next, a pair of Barry Larkins thanks to user eric51:



Those two Barry Larkins are actually parallel cards from the 2005 Upper Deck set.  Called "retro" for reasons I can't figure out, those parallels came in special "hot" boxes.  They don't feel retro in any sense of the word but I am happy to knock out two more Barry Larkin parallels for my collection!

Moving right along, next up from user timreiss is another new Barry Larkin card for me:



This one is truly "new" as it's from the 2023 Donruss set.  As expected with Donruss, there are roughly eighty billion parallels to track down, this particular card is a "vector parallel."  It's a pretty cool looking parallel, I have to admit (even if I don't get why it's called "vectors").  I've now acquired quite a few of the 2023 Donruss Dominator parallels for Larkin this year, glad to have one more via trade!

I'm still done for the week!  Next up, from user netscans:



Yep, two more needed cards from my want list - this time both from the 2000 Pacific set.  Somehow, someway, I'm still working on that base set.  The good news is that at least I'm down to needing only four more cards...there's still hope I can finish the full thing before the year ends!

Finally, we end with a trade with user GoliathCards:



This trade was a bit of a bummer in that I had originally agreed to a swap for two All Aces cards that I needed (the Gonsolin and Marcus Stroman).  Unfortunately, GoliathCards misplaced (traded away?) the Stroman so I had to settle for a duplicate of Mike Mussina.  It's probably not all bad as hopefully I'll be able to trade the Mussina for a card I need but it's still a bit of a bummer.

Despite the small hiccup in the one trade, I'd say the week as a whole was a rousing success.  I continued to make progress on a couple of different want list sets and I added a few parallels to my growing Barry Larkin collection.  

Comments

  1. I don't envy the chasing of all the Dominators parallels. Hopefully you'll be able to trade for more than you have to buy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment