Featured Post

2024 Bowman Heritage Break, Anyone?

Hunting Cards on eBay!

Other than Topps 2023 flagship, I haven't purchased a box of cards for myself this year.  Instead, I've been using money that I might have used to buy boxes (or packs/blasters) to buy needed Barry Larkin cards instead.  Barry has several cards in different 2023 releases and luckily for me, eBay sellers seem happy to unload their Larkin cards!  

Over the past week or so, I managed to acquire four more 2023 Barry Larkin cards for my collection including a pair of relic cards.  We'll start with my favorite of the bunch - this 2023 Topps 1988 All-Star relic.


I love the throwback design and it actually works quite well with the relic embedded in it.  

My other relic card also features a throwback design but unfortunately the design takes cues from 1990 Donruss, a set I've never loved.



The one bright spot here is that the relic bit is bright red to match the border of the card!

This card is actually the red parallel of the regular relic card (which I don't yet own).  The red parallels are numbered out of 99 copies so not super rare but still fairly rare for my collection!

Sticking with Donruss a bit longer, I also grabbed yet another Dominators parallel from the 2023 Donruss set:



This one is the Silver parallel is numbered out of 349 copies.  I actually bought this card twice off of eBay, the first one was labeled as "delivered" but never showed up at my house.  Once I had no luck tracking that card down, I ordered the one you see above and happily that card did make it all the way to me.  No idea what happened to the other card but at least both copies were super cheap!

Finally, back to 2023 Topps with this Purple parallel numbered out of only 75 copies!


That's a pretty card and a great way to end a series of eBay purchases!  There are still quite a few other Barry Larkin cards from this year that I don't yet own, but I recognize that I'll never have them all!  That being said, I'm still enjoying the chase - especially for cards that I actually like!  

Comments