Featured Post

2024 Bowman Heritage Break, Anyone?

I'm an Idiot (eBay Edition)

Sometimes when I look for a specific card on eBay, I turn into a giant idiot and forget that I've already looked for that same card on eBay previously...and on really bad days, I learn that not only did I look for the card previously but that I've already won the given card.  

Case in point:


I recently bid on and then won this 2023 Donruss Dominators blue parallel of Barry Larkin, numbered out of 249.  It's a perfectly fine card and one that I'm glad to have in my collection.  

Now, you can probably guess where this is going.  A few days later, I won three different auctions from a different eBay seller.  All three cards are from 2023 Donruss.  And yes...there's my second Blue parallel...


The one bright spot here is that duplicate serially-numbered Barry Larkin cards are often useful for me to try and trade for different serially-numbered Larkin cards that I still need over on TCDB.  

I'd like to say that I'll learn from my mistakes and that double buying won't happen again.  I'd like to say that, but I won't because I know better.  All I can hope is that I don't make such a dumb move any time again soon.

Comments

  1. I think you can be forgiven in this case, especially with all of Donruss's pointless parallels :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that any collector who hasn't done this is just flat lying. I still yell at myself every time I do it even with all the tracking tools that I pretend is accurate and up-to-date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done it as well.

    The worst though, is coming home from a card show with two copies of the same card in your purchases. Sad to say, I've done that too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment