Featured Post

Phlogging: My Trip to Cincinnati!

Two weekends ago, my dad and I took a "quick" (8.5 hours) road trip to Cincinnati to catch a pair of Reds/Brewers games.  Unfortunately, we saw two of the Reds six consecutive losses which was a bummer.  In addition, the first of the two games we saw had a 1.5 hour rain delay to make matters worse! 

On the bright side, it's always fun to go to games with my dad, that's something I'll never take for granted.  It was also fun to be in Cincinnati for their Reds Hall of Fame weekend.  Bronson Arroyo and Danny Graves were the two players inducted this year and many Reds greats were on the field (including Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Chris Sabo, and Eric Davis among others).  The outcomes of the games may not have been ideal, but the rest of the trip was fun!

I didn't snap a ton of photos but here are a few of the pics that I did take:

View from outside the stadium while waiting to get into the ballpark.  Those clouds would unleash a downpour in a few hours.

Where they hold the pregame and postgame in the ballpark.  It's a great area for fans to gather after a win and go nuts.  Unfortunately, we didn't see a win either day so we didn't get to see the joyful fans either.

Rain delay with 40,000 of my closest friends...


After the rains!

I was hoping to see some magic from Elly but no dice.  Actually, we did see the fastest assist by an infielder throw by Elly so I guess that's something.  


The first night, our seats were on the third base line.  The second day we were in the outfield.  Somehow, I didn't take any photos that day!

The Stadium giveaway on Saturday was this Bronson Arroyo bobblehead, complete with Arroyo's Reds Hall of Fame plaque.  Pretty cool piece.  


This helmet was once full of nachos.  I ate them all.  They don't call me Nachos Grande for nothing.


My modest Reds bobblehead collection.  I don't collect bobbleheads (and I don't plan on starting either) but I do like my Larkin figures.  I'll probably keep the Arroyo in the family as well since it was from a day where I actually got to attend the game/ceremony.

Overall, I would have liked to have seen the Reds win but otherwise I had a good time!

Comments

  1. Rain delay and losses aside... it's so cool that you spent time with your father at the ballpark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool trip, despite the rain. That rainbow is fantastic, just like that throw from Elly lol. And a Bronson bobblehead? Not sure how he's Reds HOF worthy - but he probably is one of their all-time greatest pitchers (and I liked him on Boston) so I won't argue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome trip and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Bronson Arroyo! Always like him when he was with the Red Sox. They should have had Alex Rodriguez run up and swat the plaque out of his hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting to spend a few days with your dad sounds nice. Too bad the team couldn't have given you guys at least one win though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment