Featured Post

Mondays are (not) for TCDB this week! (A Mailing from Nine Pockets)

For the past several months, I've used my Monday blog post to highlight the past week's worth of TCDB trades.  Unfortunately, with the hobby slowdown that I'm going through (mostly due to work starting back up for me), I don't have any TCDB trades to show off.  However, I do have a few other mail packages sitting on my desk waiting to be scanned so let's get to one of those instead.  Maybe I need to rebrand today's post as "Mailbag Monday" from now on?

Anyhow, today's envelope comes courtesy of Gregory over at Nine Pockets.  

Back in June of this year, Nine Pockets had a giveaway of sorts for his amazing custom cards.  He put up a large list of different options and then allowed some of his readers to select the cards that they were interested.  For me, I instantly knew which cards I wanted - a pair of Seinfeld inspired customs!

First up, this amazing Cosmo Kramer.


Based on the 1973 Topps design, the Kramer card could easily be mistaken for the "real thing" if one wasn't paying attention.  Kudos to Nine Pockets on the card stock as well, he got the cards printed on stock that reminds me of Allen & Ginter card stock - don't know where/how he did that but the cards feel great in hand!

The other custom that I selected was of Jerry Seinfeld (with cameo appearances by the rest of the gang).  


I love that this card celebrates all of the Seinfeld characters.  As a child of the 90s, I've watched many, many episodes of Seinfeld so for me these two custom cards were an easy choice to pick out.  

I've also got to show off the card backs as I love them as well!  


The red "NP" stamp really makes it - and again, there's some lovely Allen & Ginter vibes going on with the card backs that I also like.

To round out the PWE envelope, Nine Pockets also threw in a random Pokémon card.  


I don't know much about Pokemon but I'd say there's a fairly high chance my son will get into the game in a few years.  As such, I'll tuck this one away and someday he'll be the proud (?) owner of this little basic Yanma critter.  

Thanks to Nine Pockets for the great customs - much appreciated!  

PS:  This isn't the first custom work that I've recieved from Nine Pockets - I'd also invite you to check out this amazing "stained glass" card that I received earlier this year!

Comments

  1. Glad the cards made it safely, Mr. Grande! That Pokemon card was a duplicate given to me by my little nephew. He liked the idea of me sending them out to other collectors, so I'm glad your son might be the eventual recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg's customs are top shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the ones I got! They are awesome! Greg is just as awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment