Featured Post

A Sportlots Box Showed Up (Part 2)

A few days ago, I showed off the first half of my recent (if you count early November as "recent") Sportlots box purchase.  Today, I'm excited to show off the second half - and to finally get those cards off of my card sorting table!

We'll start with with the single largest lot that I bought from any one seller.  The lucky seller was 2wrigley who happened to have four cards that caught my eye:



Two more Gypsy Queen short prints from 2011 to go along with a pair of needed Barry Larkin inserts.  

We might as well finish off the 2011 Gypsy Queen portion of the purchase.  The last two cards that I bought were both from seller jetcards:



I'm still not done with 2011 Gypsy Queen but I am down to needing only three more cards.  For the record, the three that I'm missing are:

  • 310. Jon Garland
  • 313.  Mike Minor
  • 342.  Placido Polanco

Interesting that none of the three are "big names" and yet those cards have managed to elude me for over a decade.  Will 2024 be the year that I finally finish off 2011 Gypsy Queen?  I sure hope so.

Moving on, next up from seller pkerplyr comes another new-to-me Donruss Barry Larkin parallel:



That's a Holo Blue parallel from the 2022 Donruss set.  I have quite a few cards from that particular set and yet I still feel like I'm quite far away from completing the rainbow...but hey, progress is progress!

Our penultimate package in the box order is from seller Gwynnfan:



That's a super shiny Red Pulsar parallel from the 2013 Panini Prizm set.  I don't like the image on this card but I do appreciate how freaking shiny it is!

Finally, we close out this order with one last addition to my Barry Larkin collection thanks to seller DelBacon:


Yep, another Donruss card (once again from 2022).  That's a Liberty parallel to go with the Liberty parallel that I also picked up from the 2021 Donruss set (as shown at the top of today's post)!

Well, that does it for this particular Sportlots purchase.  Solid progress on a number of different collecting fronts - I'm happy (and a good way to begin closing out the year 2023)!

Comments

  1. Man if I had funds I would so be checking that site out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment