Featured Post

Handcrafting Wooden Ornaments: My Son's Collection with this Year's Newest Addition!

With Christmas right around the corner, I wanted to share this year's addition to a tradition that I started for my son.  Back when my son was one, I decided that it would be fun to make him an ornament for the tree each year.  

2019:  Noah's Ark



2020:  Windmill



2021:  Bulldozer



2022:  Gears



And now, for this year:  2023 Antique car!



I try to make each year's ornament somehow connect to my son's interests.  While he is still obsessed with gears, he's also big into playing with cars now so that was an easy choice for this year's design.



My son won't get to see his new ornament until Christmas day, I can only hope he loves it!  



If nothing else, he'll at least be glad I painted the car blue.  I wanted a two-tone effect for the car and I think it looks alright (my painting skills will never be great).  That's okay though, it's the thought that counts (or at least, that's my hope)!  

Speaking of hopes, it's my hope that these ornaments become little keepsake treasures for my son when he's older (and I'm undoubtedly gone).  On that note:  Merry Christmas, everyone!

Comments

  1. Those are really cool! Great idea that I would consider every year. Those can be kept and after a while your tree could be full of them. Merry Christmas Nachos Grande!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to imagine someone not cherishing something like this as adult. If nothing else, they'll always be a reminder of what an awesome dad he has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the coolest idea. There is no doubt he will treasure those ornaments for a lifetime. Merry Christmas friend, I hope you have a blessed holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool idea. I feel like I write this all the time... but I'll write it again. Your son is really lucky. That car is awesome! I'd be shocked if he didn't sit around playing with it all day... unless he's distracted by Legos or something :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool thing you're doing for your kid! I'm sure he will appreciate it as time goes by! Is the year on the bottom of the ornament? I see 2022 on the gear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment