Featured Post

2024 Bowman Heritage Break, Anyone?

Board Game Friday: January 2023 Games Played Recap!

Another month has come and gone and thus it's time for another monthly board game plays recap.  January kind of got split in half in terms of my ability to play board games, for the first two weeks I still had some board game playing family members around from the holidays while the last two weeks of January saw me return to work and thus have almost no free time whatsoever!  

All things considered, I think I did quite well in January as I was able to play a total of 23 different games spread across 39 total plays.  



Out of the 23 games I played, six were new to me.  That list includes Paleo, Santa's Workshop, Oceans, Gods Love Dinosaurs, Overboss:  A Boss Monster Adventure, and Sprawlopolis.  I enjoyed all of the new games to varying degrees and hopefully I'll get each of them to the table again before 2024 is over!

January also saw me return to the online website Board Game Arena with a bit of a vengeance.  I started the month playing a bunch of games that I already knew how to play (Kingdomino, Isle of Trains, Martian Dice, etc.) but by the end of the month I was learning newer, heavier games (Ark Nova, Beyond the Sun, etc.).  I ended up playing a total of 100 games on the site in January alone!



Out of the 100 games, I won 45 of them which isn't an overly impressive ratio.  I've already played more games over on BGA in February than I did last month...but unfortunately my win-loss ratio isn't improving much (if at all)!  That all said, I play the games because I enjoy the act of playing, winning isn't everything (and I'm super thankful for the online website as a place to play, otherwise I'd never get to play a lot of the meatier games that my family isn't interested in)!  

If you happen to be someone who plays on BGA, let me know as I'd be happy to start up a table with you!  I'm currently playing a lot of Ark Nova (and getting destroyed) but I'm up for learning just about any game.  

Comments