Featured Post

First Look at 2023 Stadium Club!

Last week, I held my first night of group breaks for my current Breaker's Club.  We opened a bunch of boxes but the one that I wanted to highlight on the blog was our box of 2023 Topps Stadium Club.  Rather than do a full box review, I simply wanted to show off some of my base favorite cards from the box!

Without further ado, here are my top 5 favorite base cards from our box of 2023 Stadium Club:

#5:  Tyler Freeman


I love cards that show enough of the scoreboard to help you figure out when the photo was taken.  I also love cards that show beautiful summer days!  Put those together and you get this really nice Freeman rookie card.

#4:  Tom Seaver


From the summer vibes of Freeman to the somber reality of pitching on a cloudy day inside an empty stadium.  The photo feels like it might be a product of some Photoshop magic but I don't care, it's still a cool shot that made me pause while I went through the packs.

#3:  Starling Marte


Cloudy skies in the evening can make for some great photos as evidenced by the Marte card.  There's also a nice scoreboard shot to help you figure out when the photo was taken!

#2:  Yogi Berra


Old time TV?  Check.  Lounging ballplayer?  Check.  Giant wheeled vehicle in the back...and maybe some sort of reading lamp?  Check and check.  I don't have a clue what's going on in this photo but I'm loving it just the same!

#1:  Barry Larkin


I mean, it's Barry Larkin with his dogs, how can you not love this one?!

Honorable mention goes out to David Wright, Cal Ripken, Jr., Andrew Vaughn, and Javier Baez who all made the short list of base cards but couldn't quite crack into my Top 5 for the box.  Overall, I think this year's (last year's?) edition of Stadium Club is quite nice.  It won't knock your socks off as it feels very similar to the last few years of the brand...but for a brand as nice as Stadium Club, that's not necessarily a bad thing at all!

I do have another box of Stadium Club for our Breaker's Club.  Maybe I'll do another Top 5 for that box?  

Comments

  1. i LOVE that 2 of your 5 were Mets! -kevinb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed that after I picked my favorite five. What can I say, the Mets have a lot of nice cards this year!

      Delete
  2. Love the angle on the Tyler, Seaver, and Starling cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year's Stadium Club seems to have a lot better photography than the past few years...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment