Featured Post

Tracking Down More 1989 Topps 35th Anniversary Cards!

Previously on the blog, I mentioned the fact that I decided to build this year's 1989 Topps Chrome 35th Anniversary set.  Part of my desire to build the set stems from my childhood love of the '89 card design.  The other driving force was the fact that Barry Larkin is featured in the set - another excuse to track down more Larkin cards!  

In fact, since I'm trying to build the set I now need two copies of Larkin's Chrome card - one for the set binder and one for my Barry Larkin Collection binder.  I thought it might be somewhat challenging to procure two copies but I was wrong as I quickly worked out a trade for one copy and then bought the second copy off of eBay for a whopping 30 cents!


Yep, that's a 30 cent Barry Larkin Chrome card, can't beat that!  (sure, shipping was another 70 cents but still, I'll take a Chrome Larkin card for a buck every day of the week)

Speaking of the 1989 set, there are a whole lot of different Barry Larkin cards that I'm trying to track down.  To date, I own four different cards for my collection:


There are still more colored parallels, not to mention relic parallels and autographs that I'd love to acquire.  If, by chance, anyone reading this post has any Larkin cards from this year's set available for trade, let me know!

Comments

  1. It's interesting that Topps chose three different (yet similar) photos of Larkin. Best of luck in tracking down the rest of the 35th anniversary cards of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, those should show up in the Chrome set too. Have such cool memories of the 1989 set, probably cause of the toys designed around them with voice tracks on them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I think about it the Chrome ones are usually only active players ;-/

      Delete

Post a Comment