Featured Post

A TCDB Recap and an Eclipse Day!

Today might be a normal Monday for a lot of the country, but where I'm located it's eclipse day!  My son's school district is letting the students out three hours early (ostensibly to have no responsibility for kids staring straight into the eclipse)?!  Of course, where I live we almost always have cloudy days so I guess we'll have to see what happens later this afternoon.  

That all said, while we do wait for the sun and moon to play their games, why not look at another week's worth of TCDB trades?  

Let's begin with a trade with user Trinitydawg22:



I suppose it's fitting to receive exactly three cards from a guy with "trinity" in his user name.  I'm plugging away at that 1989 Chrome set from this year's Topps set.  With 100 cards in the set (and only 4 Chrome cards in a single silver pack), I have an uphill climb but what fun is a collection if it isn't at least a little bit challenging?!  

Next, we'll stick with the 1989 Chrome cards but this time a much bigger haul from user kdocgovols:



Yep, a big pile of Chrome cards plus a Barry Larkin "regular" 1989 Anniversary insert that I needed for my player collection.  As for the other cards, it's awesome to get eight Chromes in a single trade - that's the equivalent of a jumbo box worth of silver pack cards!

More 1989 Chrome, this batch being from user Castle Anthrax:



A nice foursome there but for my money that green and yellow of the A's cards really pop nicely on the Chrome design.  I don't much about Zack Gelof but I think his card is my favorite out of this bunch (the George Brett is also pretty sweet with the royal blue banner color, maybe I have co-favorites)!

Finally, we round out this past week's worth of trades with still more 1989 Chrome cards, this time from user Tjernst2:



Yep, five more needed shiny cards including PED-suspended Noelvi Marte for my Reds.  

That does it for the past week.  You can bet that I'll continue to try and seek out the remaining 1989 Chrome cards that I need, hopefully I'll have some to show off next week.  At the moment, I own 53 out of the 100 cards in the set so I still have a long, long ways to go on this one!  However, like I said earlier, it's the thrill of the chase that makes collecting fun...so as long as that trail of cards doesn't completely dry up I'll keep plugging away.  That being said, if you have any cards I need hit me up and hopefully we can work out some sort of trade!

Comments

  1. Hope you guys ended up getting a decent view of the eclipse. Out here the skies were clear, but the moon was only partially in front of the sun. It was still pretty cool though... even if it was a full day :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you got to see the eclipse. It was clear skies in Chicago with 95% totality, but I thought it'd get darker than it turned out to be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment