Featured Post

The Quest for 35!

When Was the Last Time You Completed an In-Person Trade of Cardboard?

Yesterday, I had the distinct pleasure of completing an actual in-person trade involving baseball cards!  My wife has been a lifelong friend of Sarah and Sarah's husband has become a friend of mine.  We both collect cards (he's a Tigers fan) and yesterday they came over to visit us.  While here, Ryan brought me some more of the 1989 Chrome cards for my 2024 set build:



In exchange, I had a Tigers bobblehead for Ryan that I had gotten at a stadium visit a year or two ago.  I think he was happy to get the bobblehead and I was happy to inch four cards closer to completing my set.  

Speaking of completing the set, here's what I'm still looking for:

2024 Topps Wants:
1989 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary Chrome:  
T89C- 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 26, 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 45, 46, 47, 48, 50, 51, 54, 55, 56, 59, 60, 62, 63, 65, 66, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 81, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 91, 92, 93, 98, 100

The numbers in gray are cards that I've already worked out trades for.  The numbers in black are cards that I'm still actively looking for!  Let me know if you have anything I could use, I'd love to work out more trades (whether that be in-person or via snail mail)!

Thanks again to Ryan for the cards!

Comments

  1. Pretty cool experience! Last time I completed an in-person trade was with Bo, from Baseball Cards Come to Life. Must have been back in 2019 or so, when we met up after work in Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last in-person trade I made was two summers ago with SumoMenkoMan when he was in town for a card show. By the way... his name is Ryan too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for me I met Jeremy when he made a trip up to Michigan for a wedding that he was involved with he included pictures of us & mentioned what he received from me. As many of you read my comments about how I am great friends with Greg of the blog The Collective Mind. I'm looking forward to seeing him this summer & STAY Tuned for more reading when Greg will set me up with getting me started on me doing a blog & I'm sure that hopefully some of you readers will take a peek at it as well get involved with my contests as well . Like I mentioned to Greg before that I have a bunch of blogging ideas & my contests I hopefully that will excite your card tastes. As for the name of it I am figuring to calling it Bad Buckeyes Blood Tavern or S.R.`75 Cards. I'll explain it when I am down in Maryland during my visit this summer with Greg. If you want to give a vote on which name sounds best I hope you don't mind Mr. Nacho to entertain your readers to vote for what sounds good out of 2 possible names. There's 1 more thing I have to ask if possible Mr Nacho do you have the Michigan Wolverine (gags as he says that dreaded college) card of Larkin already cause I have lead of a person who has 1 as well some of the other 1989 35th Sparkles you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which Wolverines card do you speak of? There are a few that I am aware of (some I own, many I do not)!

      Delete
    2. I want to say the same set that Jim Abbott was in

      Delete
  4. I exchange cards with Angus of Dawg Day Cards when we meet for card shows. I wouldn't call them trades though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David of It's Like Having My Own Card Shop (Better than Beckett) was probably my last 3 in person trades. He lives on the total other side of Phoenix but I've met him a couple times at assorted games over the years. I also traded in person with Cynicalbudda a bunch of years back. I met him at a Brewers Spring Training game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not quite the same, but I traded a card to a card shop owner maybe 11-12 years ago. Aside from that, I had probably been in my teens the last time I traded with anyone in person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment