Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,030: 1995 Upper Deck - #163 - Special Edition

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Upper Deck 
Insert set:  Special Edition
Card number:  163


The Special Edition set is an insert set that was seeded one-per-pack of 1995 Upper Deck (both Series 1 and Series 2).  There is also a gold parallel of the Special Edition (because of course Upper Deck would create a parallel of an insert...).  Unfortunately, as of the time of this posting I do not own the Gold parallel, but at least I have the regular silver insert to show off for today.

The photo used for the front of Larkin's Special Edition card is a solid choice, I always appreciate a nice action shot.  The image on the back is perfectly acceptable, though nothing special (which is kind of surprising since the set is called "Special Edition").  Unfortunately, when you compare the above card to Larkin's "regular" base card from 1995 Upper Deck, I think I'd take the regular base card ten out of ten times!  

All that being said, I would still like to try and acquire the gold parallel of this card - so let me know if you happen to have one lying around!

Comments