Featured Post

Board Game Friday: May 2024 Games Played Recap!

Another month is in the books and with it, another round of board gaming!  For May, I was out of the country for about half the month so the fact that I got any gaming in was a bonus.  Overall, I managed to sneak in 15 plays spread across 8 different games.  

Here's the visual:



My son and I started playing Pokemon together (he loves it).  The Battle Academy game taught us the basics of how to play but we've already moved on to buying some packs and building our own decks.  I also got 7 Wonders Duel again to the table after playing it a bunch on Board Game Arena online as well as a few plays in the previous month.  Finally, Food Chain Island is a quick little solo game that I played a couple of times in May when I had a spare moment.  All told, it wasn't a ton of games played for the month but the variety was quite strong!

That does it for May 2024 in board gaming.  I can report that June 2024 is already shaping up to be a strong month as I've racked up 8 board game plays already (including a couple of games that I hadn't played in person in years)!  

Comments

  1. It's crazy how popular Pokemon is. It's closing in on thirty years of existence... and it's arguably as popular as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never played the game (nor collected the cards) when I was younger. I'm a bit too old and kind of missed the Pokemon craze. However, now that my son is into it I learned that Dad also has to get some cards of his own to make/play decks against my son. It's kind of the last thing I need to get addicted to, I'm trying to be happy with just a few cards!

      Delete

Post a Comment