Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,032: 2022 Topps Allen & Ginter - #133

Barry Larkin
Year:  2022
Brand:  Topps Allen & Ginter
Card number:  133


I'm a huge fan of the Allen & Ginter brand so when Topps decides to add Barry Larkin as one of the featured retired players in the set, I'm all for it!  The 2022 set, in particular, is a solid base design - I like the little leafy flourish at the bottom of the card, helps the design stand out after many, many years of Ginter designs!   The card back, however, hasn't changed a bit since Topps revived the brand back in 2006 (and I kind of love that the card backs have maintained that level of sameness to them over the years).  

I'll also give Topps some bonus points for the image chosen because you get a nice appearance of the Reds' Running Man logo on Larkin's sleeve.  Good stuff all around - and that's important since the A&G brand has many parallels to chase (so you'll be seeing this same image a number of times in the future here on the blog as I continue to show off my Barry Larkin Collection)!

Comments