Featured Post

Board Game Friday: My August 2024 Trade Results (Math Trade and a pair of BGG Direct Trades)

This month, I once again participated in boardgamegeek's monthly math trade.  Although I didn't have a lot of games to offer up for trade, I did manage to match on a single trade.  

Giving:  Dinosaur Exhibit
Getting:  Parks



Dinosaur Exhibit is a wonderful "roll and write" game for playing with young children.  My son and I played quite a bit of the game when he was younger, but he hasn't asked to play that game in over a year now so it was time to move the game on to a new home where it can continue to be appreciated.  In return for Dinosaur Exhibit, I landed the game Parks which is a much more mainstream game but one that I haven't yet played.  We do own the game Trails which I think is an easier version of Parks but I'm still excited to give Parks a try.  Even better, the game that I traded for ended up being a brand-new, sealed copy!

In addition to the math trade, I also made two direct trades with boardgamegeek users.  The first trade was a fairly large one with me sending off three games and getting two games (plus a small expansion) back in return:

Giving:  Diced Veggies, Dragonrealm, and Munchkin Panic
Getting:  Almanac:  The Crystal Peaks, Almanac:  Treacherous Trails, and Glasgow



This was the second trade of the month and once again it saw me moving out a bunch of games that my son had basically outgrown and/or lost interest in playing.  Diced Veggies is a cute recipe fulfillment game, Dragonrealm is a kind of boring card collection game, and Munchkin Panic is a fun cooperative game ruined by the introduction of Munchkin rules.

As for what I got back in return, I honestly have no idea what Almanac is all about.  A quick look at BGG showed the game was basically a book with each page having a different board/scenario to play.  It looked intriguing!  Glasgow, on the other hand, is a game that I heard of before and always wanted to try.  It's a two-player only game about moving about a city and building buildings (I think)?!  It has a 7.1 rating on BGG so I'm expecting good things, hopefully, I can get that game to the table soon!

My final trade of the month was a smaller trade consisting of a single game going in each direction.

Giving:  Pandemic:  Hot Zone - Europe
Getting:  Steam Park



I picked up two copies of Pandemic:  Hot Zone - Europe during a board game sale that I stumbled upon figuring I'd be able to trade one of the copies for something else down the line (I plan to play the other copy with my son in the near future).  Board game speculating can be a dangerous game to play but it worked out this time in that I was able to swing a deal for Steam Park.  Steam Park is a game about building a robot amusement park (or something like that).  I generally enjoy games with an amusement park theme so I figured this one was worth taking a flier on.

Overall, a solid month of trading!  I was able to clear out a bunch of games my son no longer had an interest in and brought in several games that I've had an interest in trying (plus a couple of games that I knew nothing about before working out the trades).  

Comments

  1. I really like the artwork on that Parks game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment