Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,050: 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary - #CPA-BL - Autographs

Barry Larkin
Year:  2022
Brand:  Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary
Insert:  Autographs
Card number:  CPA-BL



The 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary is probably best known for the plethora of base card parallels that it holds, however, the set also has a strong autograph checklist that shouldn't be overlooked by collectors!  Case in point:  The 2022 autograph set features the likes of Barry Larkin, Derek Jeter, Mike Trout, and Shohei Ohtani, among others.  Of course, the autograph cards also have various parallels but what you see above is the "standard" base autograph.

I love the fact that the signature is on-card - and it's certainly a nice-looking autograph card!  I do have one question about my copy, however.  The card back clearly states "Refractor" but the card is not serially numbered (the Refractor Autographs are all supposed to be numbered out of 199).  In addition, the card is not (to my eye), a Refractor!  I believe that this is an error on Topps' part?!  

Error or not, this is still one of my favorite Barry Larkin autographs that I own and it's a great way to mark a big milestone in my Barry Larkin Collection:  1,050 cards and still going strong!

Comments