Featured Post

Complete Set Chronicles: 2023 Topps Allen & Ginter Cabinet Boxloaders

One of my stated resolutions for 2024 is to get my card table fully cleared off, even if for only a day.  Today, I am getting one step closer to the goal by finally getting my full set of 2023 Topps Allen & Ginter Cabinet boxloaders scanned and placed in binder sheets.

The 2023 A&G boxloader set featured a total of 15 oversized cards with each card highlighting a single player.  I gave my scanner a workout and scanned all 15 cards for your enjoyment as we go through the full checklist:

1.  Mike Trout
2.  Bryce Harper


3.  Shohei Ohtani
4.  Vladimir Guerrero Jr.


5.  Mookie Betts
6.  Juan Soto


7.  Justin Verlander
8.  Jacon DeGrom


9.  Aaron Judge
10.  Paul Goldschmidt


11.  Bobby Witt, Jr.
12.  Wander Franco


13.  Clayton Kershaw
14.  Julio Rodriguez


15.  Ronald Acuna Jr.


Overall, I love the look of the set.  The bright clouds in the background along with the dark green tree on the right side make for a striking backdrop for each ballplayer.  I also can't quibble too much with the checklist (other than Franco's inclusion for obvious reasons).  All told, a solid set though a bit of a bear to put together since you only get one box topper per hobby box of Allen & Ginter.

The Bottom Line:

I give the 2023 Topps Allen & Ginter Cabinet Boxloader set an 8/10.  It's a nearly perfect time capsule for the MLB 2023 season in terms of the big names.  If only Topps had removed Wander Franco (who doesn't deserve to be on any baseball cards moving forward), this could have been a nearly perfect box topper set!

Comments