Featured Post

TCDB Monday: Big Trades & Little Trades!

Another work week is here, and with it, comes another TCDB Monday post!  The past week was a good week for me over on TCDB as I was able to complete a trioof trades including one large swap that netted me 51 cards at once.

Let's start today's post with the largest trade of the week courtesy of TCDB user BamaBomb23:


I was able to trade for 51 different Metal Universe cards from the 1997 set.  This is a set that I've recently decided that I'd try to complete and what better way to do so than by trading over on TCDB?!  Even better, since I'm currently looking for lots of base cards I've been able to unload some of my base cards (most people seem to only be interested in trading base cards for base cards which often leaves me with tons and tons of extra base cards looking for a home)!  

My second trade from last week was also a good one, even though it only netted me a pair of cards:


This swap was with user PennsylvaniaTiger and I was able to swing a deal to acquire a pair of key rookies from the 2024 Topps Series 2 35th Anniversary Chrome set.  I figured that the Elly card would be one of the last cards I'd need for the set but thanks to this swap, Elly is now in hand!  Amazingly, I still have another 18 cards left to track down but at least I made some solid progress this week.  For the record, here's what I'm still looking for:

2024 Topps:
1989 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary Chrome (Series 2):  
2T89C- 17, 26, 29, 33, 36, 43, 47, 52, 65, 68, 69, 75, 76, 84, 90, 92, 97, 100

Finally, my third trade of the week landed me a bunch of Orioles from the 1997 Metal Universe set courtesy of BOCards:

Sometimes it can be good to trade with a team collector even if you are a set collector!  In this case, I was able to finish off the rest of the Orioles that I needed from the 1997 Metal Universe set (I got the other two Orioles that I still needed in the big trade of 51 cards at the top of the post).  

That does it for the past week over on TCDB.  All things considered, a solid week of trading indeed!  Even better, I'm nearly the halfway complete mark for the 1997 Metal Universe set and I'm now in search of less than 20 more cards for my 2024 Topps 35th Anniversary Chrome Series 2 set build.  For a set collector, making solid progress in a week means that was a successful week indeed!  


Comments