Featured Post

Dipping Back into my Box of Collector's Choice

Today, I'm back with more packs out of my box of 1998 Collector's Choice Series 2.  Through the first eight packs, I've found one Mini Bobbing Head (Sammy Sosa), one You Crash the Game (Chipper Jones), and a bunch of nice base cards.  Let's see what our next batch of packs adds to our haul.

Pack 9:
Mini Bobbing Head:  12.  Jaret Wright


I do think I'm likely to try and collect the full Mini Bobbing Head set.  I know that I have a few of these from way back in the day, so perhaps after the box rip is done I'll be close enough to having all 30 cards that it will be worth attempting to finish the set.  I love the concept of the insert, even if I'm not likely to ever "punch out" one of the cards myself!

Pack 10:
CG25.  Mike Piazza


Pack 10 held a Barry Larkin base card but I decided to scan this Mike Piazza You Crash the Game insert instead.  I've never gotten into inserts that require me to mail cards in ahead of some sort of game date but I commend Upper Deck for trying different things, especially something relatively kid-friendly in that all you have to do is hope your featured player hits a home run on one of the days featured on the card.

Pack 11:
373.  Scott Sanders


"Two please."  I can only assume that maybe Sanders is putting in an order for cheeseburgers for lunch?  

Pack 12:
Mini Bobbing Head:  10.  Frank Thomas


We close out the first third of the box with our third Mini Bobbing Head (seeded 1:3 packs).  Based on the odds, we are slightly behind pace in terms of finding the inserts but I imagine we'll be fine when all is said and done.  For me, the best part of the Mini Bobbing Heads thus far is that all three have been different (I always have collation worries with 90s baseball card products)!

That's it for the first 12 packs and with that, the first third of the box is done.  Plenty more to go - so visit again soon to see what else I find in my box!

Comments