Featured Post

Don't Step in that Pile of Bichette

I've been enjoying my slow box break of 1998 Collector's Choice Series 2.  Each pack brings me back to my childhood - both in terms of the players featured on the cards but also (in some cases) the actual cards themselves as I did buy a few packs of Series 2 as a kid.  I've made it my goal to finish off Series 2 and I'm hoping that I get what I need out of the box.  The only way to find out though is to rip through the entire box so let's not waste any more time!

Pack 17:
363.  Dante Bichette


I'm a sucker for cards showing ballplayers in non-traditional poses (i.e. poses other than hitting, pitching, or fielding/running).  The Bichette card above is a perfect example of the type of stuff I love to see in a set (in moderation, of course).

Pack 18:
StarQuest:  SQ19.  Tony Gwynn


Always nice to get a card of Gwynn, he was the definition of a "professional hitter."

Pack 19:
Mini Bobbing Head:  14.  Tony Clark


Now, here's a guy I have completely forgotten about - and he shows up in a pretty sweet insert no less!  

Pack 20:
418.  Bruce Chen


I don't think I've shown off what the Rookie Class subset looks like, so here you go since there wasn't much else of note in this particular pack.  

If I'm being honest, this batch of four packs was a bit underwhelming in that it felt like I got a ton of base card duplicates.  Luckily, I did get a few needed inserts including that Tony Clark Mini Bobbing Head.

There's still plenty more to come from the box - 16 more packs, in fact, for those counting at home!

Comments