Featured Post

Always Check Your Back(s).

TCDB Monday!

Another week down, another week's worth of TCDB trades to recap.

We begin with a simple swap with user Philpott:


Yep, I'm one card closer to completing the Series 2 Silver Pack Chrome set. I'm still hoping I'll complete this set before 2024 is over.  While I'm certainly happy to have this card in my collection, it was my second trade of the past week that was of most interest to me!

That trade was with TCDB user Tom Moeggenberg.  Tom reached out to me saying he had a 1988 Score promo for Barry Larkin and asked if I would be interested in acquiring it.  That's a card I still needed so of course I said yes!  This is (I think) the first baseball card trade I ever made that began with a phone call.  Tom and I had a lovely chat about all things baseball - cards, the Reds, MLB in general, etc. and eventually, we circled back to the trade and worked out the details for me to acquire the 1988 Score promo card.  


The Score promo is green-bordered (unlike Larkin's regular 1988 Score card which has a purple border).  This card was particularly great to acquire as it was the final Barry Larkin card that I needed from 1988!  As great as that is, the trade with Tom also included another needed Larkin item (I hesitate to say card here):


That's a 1990 Collector's Marketing Action Photos large photo of Larkin (still in its original plastic wrapping).  I'm not super interested in non-card items of Larkin but if they are listed on TCDB I tend to add them to my want list (which is how Tom knew I needed this particular item)!  

That's a great way to close out a week's worth of trading - and check out my updated Barry Larkin collection spreadsheet.



I now have 100% of all known (to me) Barry Larkin cards with a stated print run of at least 25 copies for 1986 - 1988.  Furthermore, I have nearly 80% of all known Barry Larkin cards from the years 1986 through 1997!  I'm tantalizingly close to completing the 1991 and 1992 runs of Larkin cards (only three missing from each of those years) with 1989, 1993, and 1994 close behind!  I know I'll never get all of the Larkin cards ever made but it's fun to try and at least work through a big chunk of his playing days cards!

A big thanks to Tom for the great trade - and as always, if you have any Larkins (or other cards) I need, I'd love to trade!

Comments