Featured Post

TCDB Monday!

Another Monday is here and with it comes another TCDB trade recap!  I'll admit that work has been keeping me quite busy (so has my six-year-old) but I did manage a couple of small swaps in the past week.

We'll start with a trade from TCDB user jgslater:


That's a 1989 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary Chrome card from this year's Topps flagship (Series 2).  I've been working on this set ever since Series 2 was released and I'm pleased to report that I've made solid progress.  As it stands, there are only seven more cards that I need from the set (not counting a bunch of cards that I've ordered on COMC that I also don't yet have in hand).  

As for the card above, I'm glad to be able to acquire one of the remaining "big name" rookies in the set.  Anytime the Yankees have a heralded rookie, I know that acquiring said rookie in a trade will be costly (and I was right, this one set me back a pair of Mookie Betts inserts)!  

My only other trade from last week was another small trade, this time with user Stark3K:


I guess I wasn't creative in my trade proposals from the week!  Another Series 2 Chrome card and that's it.  No worries though, any time I can inch closer to completing a set I'm going to be happy!

That does it for the past week on TCDB.  Looking ahead, I don't expect many trades until (maybe?) when Allen & Ginter is finally released and available everywhere.  For now, I'll happily take a single card here and a single card there from sets on my want list.

Comments