Featured Post

The End of the Choice.

It's finally here, the end of my box of 1998 Collector's Choice Series 2.  I've spread out the box rip over a two-week span which has kept me interested in every base card.  For what it's worth, I definitely recommend spreading out a box rip, especially for boxes that are mostly base card focused.  

However, all good things have to come to an end and today we end our box rip with packs #33 - 36 out of the box.  Enjoy the end!

Pack 33:
330.  Kenny Lofton


Did you know that Kenny Lofton played in a World Series and an NCAA basketball Tournament Final Four?  I didn't - but thanks to taking the time to read each base card back now I do know that factoid!

Pack 34
Mini Bobbing Head:  11.  Kenny Lofton


It's a Kenny Lofton hot box all of a sudden!  I'm planning on building the Mini Bobbing Head set so getting another one of those is appreciated this late in the box break!

Pack 35:
345.  Barry Larkin


I already owned that Larkin card (multiple times, in fact) but it's always fun to pull a Larkin card fresh out of a pack.  

Pack 36:
396.  Todd Zeile


We end with this interesting shot of Todd Zeile doing....what exactly?!  I think perhaps he is applying pine tar to his bat?  No matter, it's a unique shot and a perfect ending to a box of Collector's Choice - a set that is all about the base (as Meghan Trainor might say).  

That does it for the box rip - now I have a lot of sorting to do and then I'll get my want lists updated accordingly.  Thanks for following along while I rip a product from way back in 1998!

Comments