Featured Post

The First October TCDB Monday of the Year

How is it October already?  Better yet, how is October already a week old?!  Time sure does fly when you are having fun - and I've been having a lot of fun over on TCDB lately!  Case in point: I received not one, not two, but three different trade packages last week, so let's get right to it!

First up, from TCDB user mikerox comes (not surprisingly) a few Rockies (plus a Brewer):


That's a few more cards for my 1997 Metal Universe set build.  In addition, I traded for the Todd Helton StarQuest card from 1998 Collector's Choice just in case my personal box doesn't yield that particular card.  Of course, as luck would have it I have already pulled that card from the box but that's okay.  I'm still happy being able to inch three cards closer to completing the Metal Universe set!

Next up, from user biggiocollector07 comes a new-to-me Barry Larkin card from 1993.


You'd be forgiven for thinking I already own that card - you see, this is the gold hologram version (but there's no way to know that from a scan of the card's front)!


Yep, another pointless parallel but hey, I'm already too deep into the rabbit hole to suddenly turn the opportunity to grab a Larkin card with a slightly different color hologram on the back of a card.  

Finally, we end with a trade with user stdolan1:


More cards from 1997 Metal Universe including a couple of checklists (which are considered base cards in that set).  A solid batch of cards to help me get that much closer to finishing off the set!

All told, a solid week of TCDB trades for sure!  I have no idea what all October will bring but if it lives up to September trading then I'm in for a treat (no tricks here)!  

Comments