Featured Post

Who's Choice? The Collector's Choice.

After a couple days away from my box, I'm ready to dig back into my 1998 Series 2 box of Collector's Choice.  Today, it's time to start the middle third of the 36-pack box beginning with pack #13.

Pack 13:
394.  Todd Hollandsworth


Is this a posed shot or one taken during a game or practice?  I can't say for sure but I've tried to look into the reflection on Todd's glasses for clues.  I don't see any fans in the stands so I'm guessing this one is a posed shot but better sleuths than me might be able to uncover more clues and arrive at a more definitive answer.

Pack 14:
352.  Omar Vizquel


This pack had a Tino Martinez You Crash the Game insert but I chose to scan Vizquel's base card instead.  That Indians hat the fan is holding screams the 1990s so loudly that I can hear it from here in the 2020s.

Pack 15:
StarQuest (Double):  SQ27. Jaret Wright


The StarQuest insert set was tiered in Series 2 with each card having four versions (Single, Double, Triple, or Home Run).  The Double cards are seeded 1:21 so there's a chance I could end up with two such parallels in my box.

Pack 16:
Mini Bobbing Head:  17.  Mike Piazza


Definitely happy to see another Mini Bobbing Head show up (particularly because it's one that I didn't previously own).  I do think I'll probably try to build this set to go along with the base set - it's such a novel idea and thus appealing to me as a collector!

That does it for this batch of packs - definitely a strong showing from this bunch!  I'll have even more from the Collector's Choice box in future days, but for now I have another stack of cards to go sort.

Comments

Post a Comment