Well, summer is over, and I'm back to work again. It's not all terrible (I do love teaching), but work definitely eats into my blogging time here! In addition, if I'm being honest, I haven't had nearly the interest in baseball cards lately. Cards these days seem to be more and more expensive, and the return on purchases seems to be less and less (whether you judge a return on value, "coolness", or uniqueness). Couple all of that with the fact that my beloved Reds are suffering through yet another lousy season, and it's probably no wonder why baseball isn't top of mind these days.
Don't worry, I'm not planning on quitting Nachos Grande or anything like that. However, I do expect blogging to slow down here until I get another spark. I have been more active over on my Instagram (mostly board game stuff and brick building).
Today, I do have one card to show off that I received back in the beginning of August from an eBay purchase:
That's a 2016 Panini Pantheon Noble Timber card of Barry Larkin, numbered out of 99 copies on the backside. The Panini Pantheon brand is a high-end brand that I'll probably never rip for myself, but I am happy to land one of the Barry Larkin cards from the set! I like the die-cut design here, and two relics are better than one (though both relic bits look the same, which is a bit of a swing-and-miss from Panini).
That'll do it for today. I've got my first classes of the semester to go teach!

Comments
Post a Comment