Featured Post

Board Game Friday: Button Shy Board Game of the Month Club (April and May 2026)

Not all that long ago, I received my combined April and May package of games from Button Shy's Board Game of the Month Club.  Unfortunately, the club no longer mails out games monthly (but rather, once every other month).  That said, it is always fun to get games in the mail, so let's take a look at what goodies members got in April and May.

April 2026:


A Dragon's Gift
A Dragon's Gift Exotic Transports
A Dragon's Gift Beacons
Apropos of Board Games:  Table Talk (concluding set)
Apropos of Board Games:  Movie Magic (concluding set)

Particularly attentive readers will note that the above selection includes the usual Button Shy wallet game.  This is a change from what the company had announced; they were supposed to be switching to small boxes for their games, but that switch was delayed (and, in fact, that switch is still delayed through at least August's Board Game of the Month delivery)!

The highlight of April's package has to be A Dragon's Gift.  This is a game that I actually helped to playtest over on Button Shy's Discord server.  I'm excited to have the real game in hand; it looks much nicer than the printed prototype that I used to playtest!  I'm also happy that the inclusion of cards for the pair of Apropos games is now done.  I don't have much interest in either of those games (they are games that require an extensive memory of either board games or movies).  

May 2026:
The Daily Weather
The Daily Weather:  Weekly Forecast
Adventurous:  Marvel Expansions (empty wallet)
For as much content as April produced, the May content was decidedly skimpy.  A single game with an expansion and an empty wallet. Whoopee.  That said, The Daily Weather was another game that I helped playtest, and it's one that I know I enjoy, so I'm glad to have the "real" copy in my collection!  

That's it for the April and May mailing.  I also have the June and July mailing sitting on my desk, so hopefully I'll get around to showing off that package soon as well.  

Comments