Featured Post

NFL Playoff Picks: Conference Round

First, a recap of last week's picks:

Baltimore at Tennessee:
My pick: Baltimore wins a close one. 16 - 10.
What really happened: Baltimore won 13-10, which was even closer than I thought... Still, I give myself full credit for this pick.

Arizona at Carolina:
My pick:
Carolina smokes the Cardinals. 35 - 18
What really happened: The score was 33 - 13, so I wasn't too far off. Of course, I had the wrong team winning, so really I was about as far off as you can be... I keep under estimating the Cardinals, that's for sure...this is the second week I picked the Cards to lose and they let me down.

Philadelphia at New York:
My pick:
New York gets it done at home. 25 - 17
What really happened: Philly won 23 - 11. Not much else to say about this - I stunk up the NFC side of the picks last week, that's for sure.

San Diego at Pittsburgh:
My pick:
Steelers sick of hearing they have no offense. Steelers 38 - 17
What really happened: Pittsburgh rolled, 35 - 24 (and it really wasn't that close).

Overall, I finished the week 2-2, and I'm now 5 - 3 overall in the playoffs. If it weren't for the Cardinals, I'd have this picking stuff down. Can my good picks continue? Will the Cards mess my picks up again? Let's see....

This week:

Philadelphia at Arizona:
I thought the Cardinals would lose their first game. They didn't. I thought the Cardinals would lose their second game. They didn't. Guess what, third time's the charm. I think the Cardinals will lose this game too! Eventually, I'll be right. (I was thinking about playing it safe and picking the birds to win, but that'd be too easy now wouldn't it?)
Philly wins it for the state of Pennsylvania. 32 - 26.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh:

My Steelers are hosting their hated divisional rivals...looking to beat them for the third time this season (never an easy task). Everyone seems to be expecting a rock 'em, sock 'em type game...but I actually don't. I think the Steelers will be able to make some big plays downfield, and then use the running game to grind out the final two quarters...
Steelers win it for the state of Pennsylvania too! 29 - 13.

There you have it folks. Can I improve to 7 - 3 overall, time will tell.

Source:
http://www.myteespot.com/images/Images_d/DSCF1778.jpg

Comments

  1. Steelers win!!!! Wooooo hooooo! I hope so FanofReds! Beating the same team 3 times in one year makes me terribly nervous but I hope it isn't even close and the Steelers roll...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went 2-2 last week losing both games on Saturday and winning the Sunday games.

    I have the same matchup for the Super Bowl, so I hope you're right on that!

    Take care buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should be exciting. All PA would be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment