Featured Post

Monday, Monday, Monday (TCDB)

NFL Playoff Picks: Divisional Round

First, a quick recap of last week's picks:

Atlanta at Arizona:
My pick: Atlanta wins 28 - 17.
What really happened: Oops! Arizona won 30 - 24. The good news for me is that while i started out poorly, the rest of my picks went much better.

Indianapolis at San Diego:
My pick: Chargers roll 35 - 21.
What really happened: San Diego won 23 - 17 in overtime. Well, I thought the Chargers would win by two touchdowns, but most didn't think the Chargers would win at all, so I'll mark their one touchdown win as "close enough".

Baltimore at Miami:
My pick: Baltimore wins 17 - 16
What really happened: Baltimore won 27 - 9. I thought the whole rookie quarterback and rookie head coach thing would keep Baltimore's score down.

Philadelphia at Minnesota:
My pick: Philadelphia scores another one for the road team: 32- 20
What really happened: Philly won 26 - 14. I had the exact winning margin, but I gave each team an extra touchdown (without the extra point) in my point prediction. Oh well, if I were going off the spread I would have been ok on this one.

This week:


Baltimore at Tennessee:
The pundits will tell you that you can't trust the rookie QB/coach combination for the second week in a row. The pundits are now saying that Tennessee is one of the least respected teams ever that won their conference in the regular season. I don't like the pundits.
My pick: Baltimore wins a close one. 16 - 10.


Arizona at Carolina:
I severely underestimated the Cardinals last week....and sometimes old habits are hard to kick. I don't think the Cardinals can do it again, they simply aren't that good of a team (especially when they travel out of their division).
My pick: Carolina smokes the Cardinals. 35 - 18.

Philadelphia at New York Giants:
You almost have to feel bad for the Giants, they certainly would rather play any other team remaining in the NFC than face the divisonal rival Eagles. I guess you have to beat them all eventually though, so it goes.
My pick: New York gets it done at home. 25 - 17.

San Diego at Pittsburgh:
The only game not involving a bird as a mascot, that's something right? I can't see Sproles lighting up the fabulous Pittsburgh defense like he did to Indy last week. Big Ben has a helmet that fits now... Everthing points to...
My pick: Steelers sick of hearing they have no offense. Steelers 38 - 17.

There you have it. Can I go 3-1 (or better) again? Think you know more than me? Let me know in the comments.

Comments