Featured Post

Phlogging: Little League World Series

One of the benefits of living in Williamsport, PA is that I can easily run over to the Little League World Series whenever I feel like it! Tonight was another beautiful night here in central Pennsylvania, so I headed over to catch a couple of Little League games.

First, I watched the Caribean beat MEA in a 5-3 tight contest in Volunteer Stadium (the newer of the two stadiums at the Little League complex).



I wish I could find the team rosters some place online so I could add in the player names. Either way, the game was a great display of baseball - plenty of emotion for both teams.
Another great thing about the Little League complex (besides the free admission to the stadiums) is that you can easily walk from one stadium to the other and watch Little League baseball all day long if you so desire! A quick walk to Lamade Stadium and I was able to take in the nightcap game - Iowa (Midwest) vs. Staten Island (Mid-Atlantic).


Even late on a Monday night the famous hill behind the outfield fence is loaded with hundreds (or perhaps thousands) of fans.


In the end, Staten Island won 8-3 and knocked Iowa out of the Little League World Series. As always, it was a great time at the Little League World Series...and if you are a baseball fan you owe it yourself to make it to the World Series at least once in your lifetime.

Comments

  1. Dadgumit! Considering I live near Warner Robins, GA, and they're back, I would absolutely love to be there right now. Jealous!

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment