Featured Post

Prizes for Me! Part 3 of 3: Goodwin Champions plus extras!

I've already about the first two prize packs I opened here and the second two prize packs here. It's now time to open the final prize pack plus take a look at the other goodies that Brian from Play at the Plate sent me!

2009 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions
Pack 5:

45. Peyton Manning
114. Michael Jordan
141. Bobby Orr

Mini:
24. O.J. Mayo

I certainly don't mind the occassional non-baseball card in my packs - but it seemed like quite a letdown when I opened that pack up and I didn't get a single card of a baseball player...That's the problem with only 4 cards in a pack Upper Deck, I hope you are listening!

In addition to the promised prize packs, Brian also sent over a generous sampling of Reds cards plus two 2008 Stadium Club cards that I still needed.

2008 Topps Stadium Club:
114 (version b): Michael Aubrey
144 (version b): Justin Ruggiano

Assorted Cincinnati Reds - including an autograph of former Red Rob Bell (with a very much unflattering photo) and a 2002 Topps Archive card of Cepeda, Mays, and Frank Robinson.


Many thanks Brian!

Comments

  1. awww man..Michael Jordan, Bobby Orr and Peyton Manning. What a lame pack!

    Haha just teasing...in spite of the awesomeness of those players, I'd be upset as well with 0 baseball cards in a baseball-y set. I haven't touched a single Goodwin pack yet...don't think I ever will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah definitely not a great set. I bought 2 packs and got only 3 baseball players, two were minis and one was a SP. I did buy some of their memorabilia cards on ebay though, they were dirt cheap so I figured why not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, pretty cool Bell auto, I got an autographed card and baseball of him that I got from my dad one time who got it from someone. Pretty cool dude! Drew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the prize pack. I never did get that Bell auto...it doesn't look like it says "Rob Bell" to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment