Featured Post

Nachos Grande Ranks MLB: #26 - San Francisco Giants

Nachos Grande favorite MLB teams from #30 - #1.

Throughout the offseason (and possibly beyond depending on time), I thought it’d be interesting to rank the Major League Baseball teams in terms of how much I like and/or dislike them. Of course, everyone knows my favorite team is the Reds, and probably everyone knows what my least favorite team is too…and so I’ll be writing up the team reports in an arbitrary order to keep things interesting. In the end, you’ll have my entire list. Also, ALL cards shown on each team's write-up are available for trade.

#26. San Francisco Giants


From an NL West team in my top 10 (Rockies) to an NL West team in my bottom 5 (Giants). There isn't much about the Giants that I like - and that's rather strange since I live on the East Coast and I don't really see/hear that much news about the Giants...

To me, the Giants are still the team of Bonds v. Kent. I didn't like Bonds, and I actually liked Kent even less, so having both of them on the same team was a no-brainer for me to root against the aforementioned team.

Team pros:
1. Everything I've heard about the Giants ballpark is good - but I haven't been there.

2. The Noah Lowry '08 Goudey autograph was one of the first autographs I ever pulled from a box - so that's something.

Team cons:
1. Bonds & Kent. 'Nuff said.
2. Boring team name, boring uniforms = generally boring baseball cards. Again, not a lot positive to say about the Giants.

Overall:
I challenge anyone who follows baseball to construct their own list (and I blatently stole the idea from elsewhere in the blog-o-sphere, I think it was Night Owl maybe that did this a few months ago)? Anyhow, it's amazing (to me) how I had such a negative reaction to the Giants when I was constructing my ranked list of MLB teams...and yet as I did this write-up I didn't have a lot of negative things to say... All I can say to general managers is that your team WILL be judged by its stars...and me not liking Bonds and Kent influenced my view of the Giants in such a negative manner that they ended up near the bottom of the barrel!


Nachos Grande Ranks MLB:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9. Colorado Rockies
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26. San Francisco Giants
27.
28.
29.
30.

Comments

  1. I am really tempted to do this. Maybe after you're done though hahaha to not steal your thunder.

    But the Giants would be higggggggh on my list...and not just thanks to Timmy Linc! Also thanks to Kung Fu Panda, guys like Freddy Sanchez and Fred Lewis, and their entire pitching staff of awesomeness (Matt Cain, Barry Zito, Jonathan Sanchez, etc.). So they'd probably be in my top 5 methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did this back in March. And, yes, I will be doing it again this coming March.

    I love annual traditions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment