Featured Post

2 More Blasters of Topps Heritage High Series

Thanks to the sale of a bunch of video games on eBay, I had some discretionary money available to spend on baseball cards. I headed down to Target since rumor has it they have 2010 Topps cards in stock...but alas, my Target apparently is the last store in the nation to get new cards. So, instead of keeping that $40.00 in my pocket, I grabbed the last two blasters of Topps Heritage High Series on the shelf with the hopes of taking a chunk out of my want lists. Not quite as exciting as new product, but hopefully beneficial to my collection. Let's dig in.

Base cards:
Out of the two blasters, I pulled 34 base cards that I needed which was many more than I expected! I also ended up with a bunch of doubles which have been added to my list of 2009 Topps Heritage cards for trade list.

Short prints:
Six short prints out of two blasters, not bad. Even better, I needed all six of the short prints!
692. Brett Anderson
694. Colby Rasmus
701. Ivan Rodriguez
703. Jordan Zimmerman
712. Nate McLouth
717. Randy Johnson

Chrome:
More good news, five chromes...and I needed them all!
CHR125. Michael Saunders
CHR137. Jose Contreras
CHR139. Jhoulys Chacin
CHR151. Fernando Martinez
CHR168. Nolan Reimold

Then & Now:
Boo. Double. It's up for trade at least...
TN5. Roger Maris & Ichiro

Rookie Performers:
The inserts in Topps Heritage aren't exactly exciting...but at least I needed this one.
RP-05. Nolan Reimold

Flashbacks:
More inserts that I needed...not much else to say about these. I'm basically sick of the "Flashbacks" insert lineup that Heritage always seems to feature.
FB-01. Jonathan Sanchez
FB-06. Albert Pujols

Relic:
Well, once again I was able to beat the odds and ended up with a relic. The Hamels is up for trade though - especially for some short prints or "hits" from 2009 Allen & Ginter that I don't yet own.
CC-CH. Cole Hamels

While it was a bit disappointing not to bust some packs of new product, I can't complain about the two blasters. I was able to knock a substantial chunk of cards off my want lists - and if you have any cards on my want list please contact me and we'll work out a trade!

Comments

  1. Is the Hamels jersey black?

    What do you think that would be from? If it's blue, I get it, but I don't know where a black jersey of his would be fromt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing it's "game used memorabilia" not a "game used jersey". I would assume that it is a piece of some type of athletic undershirt similar to underarmour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw nachos, your package went in the mail yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that jersey appears to be black... I don't know if maybe the Phillies had a alternate uniform with black on it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel kinda silly now, because right next to the swatch, it says "game worn Jersey". That totally negates my first comment lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment