Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Matthew from Baseball Card Spot

Awhile back, Topps disappointed me by sending a Buchholz autograph instead of an Allen & Ginter autographed that I redeemed.  However, my disappointed quickly turned into happiness thanks to a plethora of trade offers from a number of different blog readers, including Matthew from Baseball Card Spot.  In the end, Matthew's offer of a bunch of cards off my want list won out.  It turned out that we were able to make a larger trade, I sent him the Buccholz auto, a Jay Bruce relic, and a small pile of Red Sox.  In return, he sent me the following:

2009 Topps:
World Baseball Classic:

BCS10.  Derek Jeter
BCS21.  Phillippe Aumont

The last two cards that I needed for this particular insert set.  I don't exactly like the set, but it's nice to have it finished.  I went a little overboard trying to collect all the inserts from last year's base Topps set...I won't be doing that this time around (or so I tell myself right now).

Legends of the Game:LG-AP.  Albert Pujols
LG-AR.  Alex Rodriguez
LG-GM.  Greg Maddux
LG-IS.  Ichiro
LG-PM.  Paul Molitor
LG-RJO.  Randy Johnson
LG-TGL.  Tom Glavine
LG-TH.  Trevor Hoffman

I'm only missing six of the Legends of the Game cards now...almost done with this insert set as well!

2009 Allen & Ginter:
Mini:

110.  Kevin Youkilis

Slow and steady wins the race, another Allen & Ginter mini card off the want list.

N43.
N43-JH.  Josh Hamilton

The N43's were box toppers, which means they are tough to find...and seemingly tough to collect.  This is the first N43 that's been traded to me in about 6 months!  I may never finish off that particular set (unless I resort to eBay I suppose).

Relics:
AGR-RD.  Ryan Doumit

AGR-JT.  Jim Thome

A couple more Allen & Ginter relics to add to my collection.  I need to find a master list of the subjects in the relic set to see who I'm still missing.  I'm sure there's a ton I don't yet have!

In additon to the cards off my want list, Matthew also threw in some assorted Reds cards.  Among my favorites:
A pair of Francisco Cordero Topps gold parallel cards (2008 & 2009)

A couple of 2008 Topps Co-Signers.  I don't think I've ever seen these particular cards before.  I'd like them a bit better of the team logo in the background was colored, but they are still fairly spiffy. 

Thanks a lot Matthew, and (as always), if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:34 AM

    Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment