Featured Post

Another Blog Milestone

I was doing my daily visits of all the blogs in my blog roll when I saw a question posed on the Number 5 Type Collection blog.  Essentially, the question was "how do you track your visitors"? 

For myself, I've had a little counter on my blog since the beginning thanks to SiteMeter (a free counter).  Using SiteMeter, I am able to see how many visitors have looked at my blog, the total number of page views, and (often most interestingly), how did each visitor arrive at my blog.

While looking at my blog statistics, I noticed that at some point today my humble little blog crossed over the 100,000 page view mark!

Obviously, I never expected to reach that milestone with my drivel.  Who would have thought that a bunch of trade posts, plenty of box openings, and occasionally, completely random topics would generate that sort of interest?  I guess that's the power of the Internet! 

In fact, looking back, it was in February that I passed the 45,000 visitor mark...and now I'm up and over 64,000, soon to be 65,000 visitors!

One of the "goals" I've had for my blog is to have about 3,000 visits per month.  That translates roughly to 100 visitors a day (and provides me with ample opportunity to attract new trade partners for my card want lists)!  With the onslaught of Allen & Ginter (plus Gint-a-Cuffs), my monthly totals this month are on pace to shatter my personal blog records (I've never had 4,000 visitors...though I came terribly close in both April and May of this year).  I know my totals are still minuscule compared to the bigger (and admittedly better) blogs out there, but I'm proud of what I've cultivated in my little nook of the blogger universe.  And for that, I thank all of you - whether you are a first time visitor or a long time reader!

Comments

  1. Congratulations man. That's quite a feat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the milestone and thanks for mentioning SiteMeter--sounds like a good one to add when you start any new blog?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment