Featured Post

Delivery Time! Largest Trade Ever with Nick from Cardboard Overload - Part 2

This is part two (of three) detailing a recent trade with Nick from Cardboard Overload.  I already detailed the details of the trade in post one, so let's get to the good stuff - cards knocked off my want list!

2010 Allen & Ginter:
Base:  139
I actually needed this card in order to complete my second full set of Allen & Ginter - the one that I need to figure out what the heck to do with.  Suggestions welcome.
This Day in History:  21.
I also needed the TDiH card in order to complete my second set of that insert set - which will go nicely with the extra complete set of Ginter that I have.
Minis:
Regular mini:
285.  Alex Rodriguez
Another regular mini that I no longer need - unfortunately for me, there are still a whole bunch of them that I do need!

World's Wordsmiths:
WGWS13.  John Bunyan
WGWS14.  Plato

With the acquisition of the two Wordsmiths, I've now completed that mini set.  I'm finally at the point where I am able to knock off entire sets off the want list, that's excellent!
Monsters of the Mesozoic:
MM4.  Velociraptor

I am now only missing one dinosaur card from the set, #14.  If you have it, I'd love to work out a trade!
World's Biggest:
WB2.  Skyscraper

2009 Topps:
Topps Town Gold:
TTT32.  David Wright
TTT34.  Dustin Pedroia

I really have no idea why I bothered to try and collect this parallel of a completely useless set...but alas, sometimes I can't help myself!
Legends of the Game:
LG-MS.  Mike Schmidt
LG-TG.  Tony Gwynn

LG-WB.  Wade Boggs
I think it should be made illegal for insert cards to be labeled with only letters - I hate not knowing exactly how many cards are in a set (or the order they should go in) without having to consult some outside reference.

2009 Goudey:
213.  Joe DiMaggio
215.  Ted Williams
222.  Ozzie Smith

237.  Jim Rice
250.  Patrick Roy
260.  Michael Jordan
261.  Cal Ripken Jr.
267.  Ozzie Smith
274.  Johan Santana
289.  Ken Griffey Jr.

I was happy to acquire some more Goudey cards, I don't think anyone has offered me '09 Goudey since a month or so after the set launched.  I guess the Goudey line wasn't exciting enough for people to buy (and thus have cards to trade). 

And finally....

2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces:
103.  Jack Morris
104.  Rod Carew
114.  Willie Stargell

In what can only be described as an embarrassment to my card collection, I still haven't completed one of the most loved modern sets of all time.  However, thanks to the three short prints Nick sent me, I'm now only missing eleven cards from the set.

Thanks a lot Nick, and as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer...and stay tuned for part three of the trade coming soon!

Comments