Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Blog Reader Dennis

Finals weeks is in full force for me - which means a lot of sitting around staring at students taking the exam - and then a lot of staring at the exam while I try to figure out if their hieroglyphics are worth partial credit or not while I grade.  Given that, it's a pleasant ending to the day when I arrive at home to a mailbox full of baseball cards that I need.  Luckily for me, I anticipated finals week and managed to initiate nine or ten trades last week so that I could almost guarantee that I have a package or two of cards to look forward to each evening.  It's not cheating, it's thinking ahead!

One of my most recent mailbox packages was from blog reader Dennis (who doesn't have a blog, at least, not that I know of).  Dennis and I agreed on a 30-for-30 trade.  We each sent each other 30 2011 Topps Heritage cards that the other person needed.  Trades like this are beautiful for everyone involved - I dump a bunch of duplicates and get to turn the duplicates into cards that fill up my set binder.  In the process, I reduce my own card clutter - and I save money...no need to buy extra blasters and hope for good things when a trade nets me 30 cards that I need!

Of the thirty cards that I needed, here are a few of my favorites (and to think, you were afraid I'd show all thirty)!

69.  Cory Luebke

Is there any set in modern history that has more "bad hair" than the 2011 edition of Heritage?  If there is, I don't think I want to see it...


190.  Todd Helton

See what I mean?  Check out the octopus hair that Helton's sporting.  There's clearly a reason why baseball players always wear hats or helmets...eesh.


319.  Tim Lincecum

I didn't care for these "stop action" cards at first - but the more of them that I acquire, the greater the cheesiness factor becomes.  So much so, in fact, that I now like the cards quite a bit.  They really add a bit of "old timey-ness" to the set.


416.  Jim Leyland

2011 Heritage will be known for three things to me.  First, as mentioned above, bad hair - and lots of it.  Second, and the reason that I decided to collect the set, some of the best card backs in years.  And finally, the 2011 Heritage set will be known for featuring more vegetation than any set in recent memory!  The Leyland card has what appears to be some sort of palm tree along with some sort of pine tree in the background.  However, that wasn't the only card that Dennis sent me featuring flora...


Thanks for the trade Dennis!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:56 PM

    most of the Tigers have that background, which I find quite annoying in this set. Airbrush or close ups would have been better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment