Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Big Pile of 2011 Allen & Ginter Relics!

I'm sure that many of you are well aware of my love affair with Allen & Ginter.  Admittedly, this year's edition wasn't groundbreaking in any way (and, for the most part, the inserts were sort of boring compared to the last couple of year's editions).  Even so, I still love me some Ginter - so you can imagine how pleased I was when Charlie over at Lifetime Topps Project offered up some relics that I needed from this year's set.

I sent Charlie a huge stack of Ginter cards (about 1/5 of the set) plus some other assorted cards from sets like Gypsy Queen and Topps Lineage in exchange for the relics, a few sparkle cards (which netted Charlie some entries into my contest), and one of the two remaining 1985 Topps cards that I needed.

Let's see what I ended up with:

First up, the Mark McGwire rookie card from 1985 Topps.

This was a big money card a few years ago (well, probably more than a few years ago now - funny how time flies)!  Anyhow, I could have sworn that I had this card but, according to my want list at least, I did not.  Between school (both graduate and my teaching) and the new puppy, I've had almost no time for card related anything.  In fact, I am highly doubtful I'll be able to maintain a post-per-day pace for most of the fall semester, and I certainly won't have a pace like I did during the summer (pre-puppy anyhow).  So, I guess what I am saying is that I appreciate all the visits and comments - and I'll do my best to respond to emails and the like, for the most part I think I'm doing ok there at least!

Moving along through the trade package, the next three cards are three more of the diamond parallels from the base Topps set that I needed.

I don't know what happened with Series 2 - either no one bought the set OR no one wants to trade away the series 2 diamonds.  I'm only missing 4 of the Series 1 sparkles right now, but about two-thirds of the Series 2 cards.  Ouch!  The cards that Charlie sent me were all Series 2 cards, so that helps me out a bit!

And finally, the biggest reason for the trade (at least for me) - the 2011 Allen & Ginter relics.

I ended up with:
AGR-JBE.  Josh Beckett - Jersey
AGR-JLA.  John Lackey - Jersey
AGR-JVE.  Justin Verlander - Jersey
AGR-MCA.  Melky Cabrera - Bat

Thanks to the four above relics, I now have 56 different relic cards from the 2011 Ginter set!  If anyone else out there has any for trade (especially non-baseball figures), I would love to work out a deal!  I also have some extra relics from the 2011 set if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the trade Charlie!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:27 PM

    I think people just didn't buy series 2 Topps as much as they did for series 1.

    Thanks to you as well - glad we could work out a pretty big trade!

    Good luck with your upcoming work & school this Fall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment