Featured Post

Delivery Time! Free Cards from Community Gum!

7Group breaks are all the rage on the blogs lately - and I should know as I've hosted five of them already this year!  However, what you don't often see is a truly FREE group break!  Well, it might not be common - but it's not impossible as the boys from Community Gum recently proved!

Perhaps it was truly free - participants did have to actually read their blog and comment (seems like a fair price to pay, no?).  Five comments (on specially marked posts) later, and a team was yours from a box break of 2003 Leaf.  

Personally, I didn't know anything about the '03 Leaf set - but I claimed the Reds anyhow hoping there might be a Larkin in the set (which there is, #151).

Unfortunately, the box Community Gum opened didn't produce me any Larkin cards (hence the image yanked from Check Out My Cards) - but I did get a few Reds!  From the base set, I scored Aaron Boone, Adam Dunn, Austin Kearns (x2), and Danny Graves.  

I find the design of the cards to be a bit wonky - mostly because of the "fade to blockiness" thing that Leaf had going on.  It kind of makes it look the player is about to be swallowed up in some type of terrible 8-bit void.

Although I would have been happy with the above cards (free cards should make anyone happy), I actually managed to land a really nice card as well - a Press Proof parallel of Ken Griffey Jr. numbered 21/50!

Thanks for the free break Community Gum - and for all my readers, make sure you check out their site as it's (obviously) much nicer than mine!

Comments